What did you take a moment to remember today? The horrors that were heavily lined lips were what crossed minds over here!
Yes, women actually did that to themselves and Kraft the house! With treads and fashion often repeating, lets hope that faux pa stays firmly in the past…unless its being resurrected for Halloween…
Unless you know something we don’t, we’re not sure where else other than e.l.f you can purchase mineral foundation, concealer, mascara, waterproof eye liner, bronzer, lashes, lipstick…basically a whole new make up kit and still have change from £30 to buy yourself lunch and a copy of Vogue!
Just because many items start from as little as £1.50, e.l.f is not be to underestimated. This is one of those rarities where cheap in price doesn’t actually mean cheap in quality. Their make up is long-lasting, the variety available is surprising and delivery is quick. Not only that they usually have some very tempting sale offers on… at the moment shipping is 1p with a minimum spend of £15!
Even if it sounds too good to be true, their prices are low enough to give ’em a try on a whim.
….whatever you want really. Always a fan of a red lip, Bobbi Brown has launched a new shade called New Berry which offers an Autumn twist on the typical powerhouse colour. It promises to last all day without bleeding. Have a look see….
If you’re not quite ready for the filler injections and the plumping lip glosses are not cutting it, how about trying these lip exercises for a few weeks and see if you notice a difference. Please note that you will look a little crazy doing this so best keep this routine indoors. But hey if you’ve got the confidence of a queen to do them on the bus, tube or any place where people are…we salute you!
Whether it’s to keep your gob gorgeous or heal splits and chaps its currently suffering from, here’s a few tips to keep you puckered up.
- Stop bloody licking ’em! For those few seconds after you’ve licked your lips everything’s fine, they’re shiny and feel cool but the countdown is on. The moisture evaporates quickly and leaves them dryer then before. The enzymes in saliva that keeps our mouths clean and digest food are extremely harsh on your pout so stop covering your lips with them.
- Lips have no melanin in them so help them out by using products that have SPF included for added protection. Burnt lips are not fun.
- Matt lipsticks can be extremely drying -that’s why they last so long- so switch things up and don’t wear them often.
- So those tiny, stingy annoying little cuts that sometimes appear what seems like overnight, can be obliterated with the help of a little hydrocortisone cream
- To keep the kisser supple try to use balms that have the following ingredients:
You hear of its benefits all the time, its true for great skin, bright eyes and a host of other things but drinking plenty of water will keep those lip lovely .
This week its all things lippy so we’re kicking it off with few tips to get yours in check!